NAPLAN Online networks
These posters are designed to foster professional conversations about NAPLAN Online topics and key messages. School leaders might consider using them in staff meetings, workshops and presentations as ice breakers or with other group strategies, such as round robins, four corners and 3-2-1s.
Don't get caught NAPping ... move online (JPG, 148KB)
- Which whole-school approaches work successfully for us now?
- How can we build on the success of these approaches?
- What are our focus areas and priorities?
IT's just good pedagogy (JPG, 770KB)
- How does our school support the effective use of ICT in teaching and learning?
- Which programs do we have in place that effectively teach students to use ICT in the curriculum?
- Are there opportunities to strengthen reading and digital text composition in our curriculum programs?
I use ICT to ... so I prefer NAPLAN Online (JPG, 897KB)
- If our students undertook NAPLAN Online today, would they be confident in completing the tests?
- What evidence supports our thinking?
- How might online assessment be used in our curriculum programs?
eBooks and eJournals
digital libraries (DET login required) to gain access to professional learning resources and student eBooks for learning.
Microsoft Imagine Academy
Microsoft Imagine Academy (DET login required) provides access to technology skills training and technical courses.
Use online assessment systems to support assessment priorities. The following two assessment systems are available to use within existing lessons.
eLearn Blackboard (DET login required).
eLearn is the department’s learning management system. It provides a comprehensive assessment toolkit, including a gradebook, Respondus and Studymate.
Use this national assessment practice system to support your curriculum delivery.
Online coaching modules (DET login required)
The five self-paced online coaching modules develop effective pedagogical practice and strengthen teacher content knowledge in priority areas. This resource is also available in
Readers' RAPs (PDF, 219KB)
These provide students with opportunities to read digitally and compose text online.
STEM hub for schools (DET login required). Creating a culture of high achievement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education by building teacher capability, lifting student achievement and increasing student participation.
Three Point Plan
Use this plan to develop a whole-school approach to transitioning to NAPLAN Online.
Writing bootcamps (PDF, 502 KB)
From Paper to Pixels online activities develop skills in constructing digital texts. They do this through digital bootcamps (delivered via web conferencing).